Winter is the perfect time for Restorative Yoga!
What could be better than melting into a delicious 90-minute practice of breath, stillness, and deep relaxation on a cold mid-winter’s night. Join Betsy and Charlene for Restorative Yoga on Saturday, February 5, 4-5:30 pm ET.
Restorative Yoga uses various props to support the body in extremely comfortable, relaxing ways. This Restorative Yoga Workshop will open your heart and lungs, induce physical relaxation, mental peace, and hold you in the present moment, where everything really is just fine, right now.
All levels are invited ~ No experience needed!
In this Zoom Workshop you will practice from your own home using props that you already have. To see the prop list below. Registrants will receive a 48-Hour Replay.
You will need the following props:
- Your Sticky mat.
- Three bed pillows.
- One yoga blanket or other blanket that will hold shape when folded.
- Two yoga blocks.
- A folding chair, or any other similar chair that has space underneath and an open back.
- A belt with a buckle, or a yoga strap.
- A washcloth, small towel, or eye pillow.
- Optional – A shawl or second blanket as a cover for warmth.
Please have all these props assembled before the workshop begins.
- Set up in a quiet space; a room with a door is preferable.
- Move furniture so you have enough space to stretch your arms and legs in all directions.
- If you are on a hard floor, consider laying a blanket over your sticky mat for comfort.
- Dim the lights!
- Turn off your phone or leave it outside of the practice room. Make sure other distracting electronics are also turned off.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothes, and socks.