Viparita Karani, legs-up-the-wall pose, is an elegant posture that quiets the mind, lowers blood pressure, and enlivens the legs. Come enjoy this amazing asana and other deeply comfortable poses that will put you into blissful relaxation. Restorative Yoga helps us to experience physical ease, mental peace, and the ability to be in the present moment, resting in the state of inner watchfulness. Try Restorative Yoga and receive the healing benefits of letting go.
In this Restorative Yoga Zoom workshop you will practice from your own home using props that you already have – see the list below. This workshop is appropriate for all ages, levels, and abilities. Registrants will receive a 48-Hour Replay.
You will need the following props:
- Your Sticky mat.
- Wall space for legs-up-the-wall pose
- Three bed pillows
- One yoga blanket or other blanket that will hold shape when folded.
- A folding chair, or any other similar chair that has space underneath and an open back.
- A belt with a buckle, or a yoga strap.
- Two yoga blocks
- A washcloth, small towel, or eye pillow.
- Optional – A shawl or second blanket as a cover for warmth
Please have all these props assembled before the workshop begins.
- Set up in a quiet space; a room with a door is preferable.
- Move furniture so you have enough space to stretch your arms and legs in all directions.
- If you are on a hard floor, consider laying a blanket over your sticky mat for comfort.
- Turn off your phone or leave it outside of the practice room. Make sure other distracting electronics are also turned off.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothes.