Give yourself the gift of a blissful, meditative experience. Melt into this delicious 90-minute practice of breath and stillness and receive the amazing benefits of just letting go. Restorative Yoga utilizes a variety of props to hold the body in deeply comfortable and relaxing ways. It is a slow, healing practice that helps us to experience physical relaxation, mental peace, and the ability to drop into the present moment, where everything really is just fine, right now.
In this Restorative Yoga Zoom workshop you will practice from your own home using props that you already have – see the list below. This workshop is appropriate for all ages, levels, and abilities. Registrants will receive a 48-Hour Replay.
You will need the following props:
- Your Sticky mat.
- Three bed pillows.
- One yoga blanket or other blanket that will hold shape when folded.
- A folding chair, or any other similar chair that has space underneath and an open back.
- A belt with a buckle, or a yoga strap.
- A washcloth, small towel, or eye pillow.
- Optional – A shawl or second blanket as a cover for warmth.
Please have all these props assembled before the workshop begins.
- Set up in a quiet space; a room with a door is preferable.
- Move furniture so you have enough space to stretch your arms and legs in all directions.
- If you are on a hard floor, consider laying a blanket over your sticky mat for comfort.
- Turn off your phone or leave it outside of the practice room. Make sure other distracting electronics are also turned off.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothes.
Reminder: Don’t forget to set your clocks back! Daylight Savings Time ends at midnight November 1.